Do you want to know why we’re adding the pursuit of laughter to our daily agenda? You already know the positive effect of laughter on your emotional state, but laughing has surprising health benefits and we believe it’s key to healthy relationships, too. We peek into the science of laughter and explore a swarm of ideas on how to have more laughs. And we enjoy a few crack-ups in the process.
In this episode:
• The phrase that makes Misty feel like a country bumpkin.
• The alternative name for this episode.
• Mariah Carey makes an invisible cameo, kind of.
• The idea of pursuing laughter.
• Do you like your laugh? or your croaky voice?
• A day without laughter is a day wasted. – Charlie Chaplin
• Randy agrees that laughter is attractive.
• The secret behind every long-lasting relationship.
• Restoring a positive emotional climate.
• Comedy as social commentary.
• Some truth from Bill Cosby and some heartbreak over the truth of Bill Cosby.
• Laughter as a means of survival.
• The scientific evidence of laughter as the best medicine.
• Laughters effect on your endothelium.
• Misty outs Randy’s medical history.
• Why you need to devote yourself to 15 minutes of laughter each day.
• Laughter can improve job performance!
• 10 healthy effects of laughter.
• The only way Misty will get a runner’s high.
• Who else gets laugh-aches?
• A mood-altering drug we can endorse.
• We bring you the know-how on how to have more “HaHaHas”
• We mention some funny people we love to hang around.
• Trying to hone our kids’ sense of humor led to investing in some joke books.
• The only joke that came to mind was too inappropriate for air.
• Who can lead us in some laughing yoga?
• Would you come if we host a laugh-in?
• The TV show + episode that gives you insight into Randy’s childhood includes ghosts.
• Are you in touch with your sense of humor?
• The sleepy sillies.
• Misty may have alienated half of our listeners when she admits she couldn’t get into this sitcom.
• We run down some of favorite funny movies.
• The treasure chest of laughter our kids enjoy.
• The way Misty uses Facebook and Pinterest as a type of laughter scrapbook.
• Why TimeHop is a sad experience for Randy.
• Just try not to laugh when you spend time playing with your kids.
• Tickle or Torture?
• Comic strips, comedy clubs, comedians on social media.
• We get a kick out of hearing about parents ruling parenthood with creativity.
• Game nights can be funny.
• Funny sex.
• Speaking of playing…
• One word: Prancercise
• Some practical steps to set you up for more laughter by removing some of the downers in your environment.
QUOTES & QUOTABLES
I always have this weird sucking in noise at the end of my laugh. Tweet This
I would rather be around someone who laughs and has good humor than an Eeyore. Tweet This
It’s a lot easier to laugh when you are full of gratitude than when you’re pissy. Tweet This
If you can find a moment to laugh, it breaks the tension and it brings people together. Tweet This
I think jokes can be way more funny when they come from someone you don’t expect them from. Tweet This
My Mom + Aunt Rhonda showed up as a black and a white ghost. I guess that was all the sheets that we had. Tweet This